We are currently looking for an intern to help with an upcoming product launch.
Below is the job description. If you or anyone you know is interested in this position please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media and Online PR and Marketing Internship
Are you looking for an exciting Social Media and Online PR and Marketing internship working for an entrepreneur? Interested in working virtually, setting your own hours, and helping to promote a new product showing entrepreneurs how to build and run a successful internship program?
A well-established online entrepreneurial business seeks social media and online public relations/marketing interns to work remotely (or in our offices if you are in the Southern California area). This position is unpaid, but offers exceptional resume-building and networking opportunities. You will learn the in’s and out’s of the online industry and an entrepreneurial company (from the ground up).
This opportunity is open to those seeking hands on experience. If you need college credit for your internship we are willing to work with your school and academic advisor to assist you in obtaining credit.
Interns applying for this internship should be Public Relations, Marketing, Business, or Journalism, News Media and Communications majors with experience on the Web and a solid understanding of social media. We prefer current college students but would consider recent graduates.
Must be a dedicated, responsible, creative, articulate, personable and an organized self-starter. The applicant should possess excellent writing and communications skills, be detail oriented and be able to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
Applicant must be Social Networking/Internet savvy. We will be using Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and all social networking to promote and conduct an on line marketing campaign for the product launch.
Responsibilities may include (but not limited to):
- Building, maintaining and promoting profiles for: Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn and all other social networking sites as deemed appropriate
-Press release and article writing and online submission
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Proactive go-getter with an entrepreneurial spirit, high energy, fun, positive can-do attitude and work-ethic who is hands-on
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Reliable, detail-oriented and extremely motivated
- Candidate will work in a highly confidential environment and must maintain confidentiality at all times.
Don’t worry if you don’t understand how to do everything listed above: training will be provided.
If you are interested in an internship:
-With an entrepreneurial company
-With a company that has remote workers from India to Virginia, and from the Philippines to Louisiana to Canada
-With a company run by a husband & wife team who have taken 2 sabbaticals in the past 4 years
-Where you will learn the foundations of how to market an online business using social media
Then this is DEFINITELY for you!
If you are looking for:
-A paid position
-A stuffy office environment
-A “big” company
-Somebody watching over your shoulder every 5 minutes
Then this position is NOT for you, please do not apply.
Here are our expectations:
2. Hard work – (doing your best)
3. Willingness to learn – (We will put a lot on you to learn)
4. An email sent to every day you work answering the following questions – (This is an ABSOLUTE MUST)
What you got done that day? What challenges or obstacles you encountered? What questions you have?
5. Communication. That is a big one. This includes the ability for me to call you if necessary, although 90% of our communication will be via email or IM.
Other requirements/important information:
- Minimum of two days a week
- Must commit through the completion of the product launch (Dec. 1, 2010)
- Knowledge/prior experience in marketing/PR a plus – but not required
- Position available immediately
- This is an unpaid internship for college credit if desired. We will work with your school/academic advisor to help you fulfill college credit if needed but please let us know PRIOR to the beginning of your internship so that we can coordinate appropriately with your school.
-Please send resume, cover letter, sample of your work and let us know if you will be applying for credit for your internship.